Our location is shown on the map below.We are between Helensburgh town centre (approx 2.5M) and Faslane naval base near Garelochhead (approx 3.5M). We are just off Gareloch Road, a main bus route with frequent regular services to Helensburgh and to Faslane. Helensburgh has two railway stations, with frequent direct services to/from Glasgow and Edinburgh. Taxis are available at Helensburgh Central station.
Please be aware that sat-nav will direct you to a field behind the house. Please follow the directions below:
- Follow the shore road (A814) to Rhu from Helensburgh heading towards Garelochead.
- You will pass Rhu Church on your RHS. Keep your speed down from here!
- When you have gone up and down the hill after the church, the first drive after the view opens out is Aldonaig. Turn right here into the first of 2 adjacent drives.
Follow this driveway round and keep left all the time as it bends around. The tarmac drive will change into red chips after about 100yds. Go down the hill and you’ve arrived!
From Garelochead or Faslane
- Follow the shore road (A814) towards Helensburgh. You will pass through Shandon.
- Immediately after the 50mph sign, look for the sign Aldonaig. Turn left here into the second of 2 adjacent drives.
- Follow this driveway round and keep left all the time as it bends around. The tarmac drive will change into red chips after about 100yds. Go down the hill and you’ve arrived!
We recommend you take your mobile and have a note of our number – 01436 820195 – in case of any difficulty and we can talk you in.